Last night was the Steam Whistle Unsigned concert series again at the Roundhouse. This is such an amazing partnership for us. Basically a guaranteed $2000 every 3 months or so. I stayed for all 3 bands last night so was up way past my bedtime but I was enjoying myself - plus I had to make the speech from the stage last night (ugh) so I had to stay a good part of the night for that. Clearly all the older fogies like me were there for the second band (my favs of the night - The Young Empires I think they were called) as by the third band - Rich Aucoin (hugely popular) everyone in the room except for me was like 20 years old. And the girls were all wearing skanky pseudo 80s outfits with high heels. I must be old because I thought they were all dressed so inappropriately! and frankly just badly. Trashy is not classy girls! The guys all had a hipster cardigan vibe (instead of the hipster plaid from last show). Anyway, I felt old making my speech. They didn't have any stage monitors on so I could only hear myself through the speakers into the crowd so with a 2 second delay. Awkward to ignore that so I felt like I was speaking really fast! Anyway, it's all good, a little fundraising, a little PR. A few G&Ts. A good night.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
the week that was
Thursday I had my auditor in. It is definitely not fun prepping for an audit when you haven't been around for any of the fiscal year - well barely anyway (we have an Aug.31 year end which is random). It was relatively painless in the end - only a couple of minor adjustments. I like our auditor well enough but she did one thing that turned me right off. I had gotten a written quote from her prior to her coming in - and then part way through the day she says that her fee is going up $500 (which would be a 25% increase over last year). I said that actually I was going to pay what she quoted me. She backed down but it felt sleazy. I don't know if she thought because I was new that she could push it or what. Next year I'm going to do some shopping around methinks....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment