However, the main thing I learned was that theatre people drink way more than fundraisers. At the strange cocktail reception this evening, their were 3 of us (all theatre folk) standing next to the open bar, and pretty much everyone else was at the other end of the room listening to some sort of motivational speech. I thought perhaps it was because fundraisers made enough money to buy their own drinks. My friend said it was because fundraisers knew to get everyone else drunk in order to get them to give them money. Both valid points.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
I'm at a fundraising conference for 3 days this week. So far I'm realizing that really, I learned a lot about fundraising at the KC. But a refresher is always good, plus, we have privacy laws here which basically don't exist in the States so it's harder to find out personal information about donors etc. (it's scary, in the States so much information is just a google away).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes - it surprises me that here in the US you have to give your SSN for an in-store credit card. I mean, you'd never do that in Canada! No wonder Facebook was created in the US and is encountering privacy regulations and concerns everywhere else!!
ReplyDelete