The film is about this guy in New York state who had been savagely attacked by five teenagers and as part of his own therapeutic rehab, builds a WW2 town in Belgium with essentially Barbie Dolls in his backyard. The detail is remarkable. He then takes pictures of it and his images are really incredible - the composition, lighting, everything is perfect and he was using an old crappy camera with a broken lightmeter, all outside...anyway...it's all kinda strange and sweet at the same time.
We realized too late that there was indeed popcorn concessions and so after the film went exploring. I hope that TIFF has a solid plan for maintaining operations of this building because there is staff everywhere. Dare I say over-staffed. We were met by a wall of staff before we could get to the snacks and one spontaneously gave us a tour of the place. It was a tad odd actually but we did get to see this secret room for members - the members lounge - for coffee and drinks and where the tables were all touchscreen so you could play chess and stuff. It's not actually as secret room, it just looks like you are about to walk in to the window before you get there. I have to say the building's design is really well done - at least what I saw. I'm not sure how well it would handle huge crowds as there seems to be just one way in and out of everywhere, but on a Saturday afternoon with only a handful of patrons and three times the staff necessary, it was just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment