Friday, November 12, 2010

Apparently I love theatre. I don't really have any desire to work in anything else - I feel this job is too far removed from the process. And yet it seems I really only love short theatre. Fortunately most of what I am seeing this season is 90 minutes or less no intermission (my favourite words). I suppose musicals would be the exception - and Priscilla flew by (though it was short for a musical at less than 2 1/2 hours).

Last night I saw the impressive The Middle Place - written, directed and designed by friends based on interviews with youth in a shelter in Toronto. It was theatrical more than theatre I think, but I also feel it should be seen by everyone living in this city. Or any city. When it comes to your city, go see it. Tonight I'm going to The Year of Magical Thinking - which should be wonderful. Both are under 90 minutes long and that makes me so happy. Isn't that sad though? I want to see your show but only if it doesn't take too long... and I apparently love theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment