Saturday, November 20, 2010

Diamonds!!

I can't believe I forgot to mention the diamonds. After work yesterday, I went with Laurie to look at diamonds.
It was the strangest set up. This bare office on the 20th floor of an office tower - only furniture in one room with a long table of consultants talking diamonds. It was total fly by night diamond sales!
And there were bags and bags of diamonds.
They weren't set in anything so you were buying (well one was buying, not me by any stretch) the diamonds to then be turned in to whatever you wanted.
We learned all about the four Cs - Colour, Cut, somethng and Carat. Apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention. Our sales guy was actually very informative, though I don't think he quite knew what to do with us. I tried to get myself a commission if I convinced Laurie to buy something large! The biggest diamond we saw was only $48,000. A bargain as it would retail at something like $72,000. (see some detail I remember...)
I've never been much of a diamond person, but these sure were pretty. So sparkly...
(no I didn't buy anything!)

2 comments:

  1. I can still see the sparkles when I close my eyes. :-) Feel just that much more in the know for when I actually get around to purchasing one. What a funny night...rocks and rock n' roll!

    ReplyDelete