They sent a rather long list of what we weren't to wear - no white shirts or black suits or loud patterns or clothing that wasn't "appropriate" for "our industry". I would hate to tell them that jeans and a t-shirt would actually be the most appropriate garb for my industry but that might break their heart. The list ended with "but wear what you want". So I'm wearing black. Yes this colour was on the "to be avoided" list, but it's not a suit, it's a dress. So there.
Washington fun tidbit #12:
The metro stations are not air conditioned - the trains are but the stations aren't. At the Foggy Bottom where I get off every morning at the exit to the station they have a large stand-up fan. Like one you could buy at Home Depot. And it just oscillates back and forth so you get a blast of cool-ish air as you walk by. I find this odd, though somewhat enterprising.
No comments:
Post a Comment