This is on the side of City Hall in Old Town (my hood). I don't think a Canadian flag exists that is this large. Anywhere. Apparently there is a farmers market here on Saturdays so I will have to check it out (though not this Saturday as I am working...)
Today I concurred the metro (subway). Well that is I used it. Funnily enough, my farecard got de-magnetized somehow (it was from my visit here in April so anything is possible) so I actually couldn't get out of the station until I looked pathetic at the station person, which seemed to work. Being kinda cute and uber Canadian polite has its advantages.
I met up with one of the other Fellows at Pentagon City to do a few things. Pentagon City is essentially Mississauga so my version of Hell. But there is a big mall there which can be handy and it was halfway between where the two of us are staying so...anyway, useful to know where it is and to avoid it if we can manage it in the future.
Tomorrow I'm thinking Target and then something potentially touristy before I meet up with all the other Fellows for a pre-first day beverage. I'm getting my sea-legs I think (or rather DC legs - ha! that was a funny....)
No comments:
Post a Comment