Tonight after work, the girl fellows all went for a drink - well two. Plus munchies. I spent $10 including a good Canadian sized tip (bad tippers here as well). This is a good thing since we are all of course on strict budgets, but still I find it hilarious. Also, since literally every bar has something, it's not like it's crowded anywhere. I'm just remembering going to Hey Lucy on King street for cheap martini Wednesdays with the Mirvii (and cheap meant $5 - 6 if I remember correctly) and how packed it would be and how awful the service was because they didn't have the staff on (and would run out of glasses frequently as well). And actually, how watered down the martinis were too. The downside is a lot of places don't have table service, and since I'm lazy, I find this annoying. However, I suppose for $3 I can stumble to the bar...
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Happy Hour
Have I mentioned the DC obsession with happy hour yet? Well it seems to be every day of the week at every bar and restaurant in town. Typically from 4 - 7pm or later. Seriously, I haven't paid more than $3 for a drink since I got here (well that's not true. The expensive Georgetown bar on the river was $6 for a G&T but all the food was half price). I swear everyone here must be an alcoholic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe Happy Hour and Hulu are the equivalent of bread and circuses. Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteerin