I have had a few comments, dare I call them complaints, that people knew more about what I was up to when I was down in DC than they do now, as these posts have been quite erratic. I feel that way myself about some people - that I saw them more when I was in the states (seriously it feels that way). Things since I got back just feel like they have been spiraling chaotically. Not entirely out of control, but in a controlled turmoil. I remember last year, in the fall, after the initial frenzy of galas and dinners had past, and I didn't have a lot of extra demands on my time, and I wasn't entirely sure what to do with myself. Well, it's like I'm living the complete opposite at the moment. There are people that I've wanted to see since I got back and I just haven't physically been able to - and I want to see them! - and I don't see things getting easier until mid October.
So anyway, that's me. Plus of course there was just a whole lot more to talk about down there. I mean I went to No Frills on the weekend, but it's not the same as Trader Joes. Though actually the No Frills near me is pretty entertaining - I mean it lives its name that's for sure. So okay, maybe there are a few more things I could mention if I was a bit more inventive about it. I have started talking some pictures around the new hood. It is entirely new to me so I figure I should. Its eclectic around here...
Tonight I was at a fundraiser that actually was way more enjoyable than it should have been. A bunch of theatre critics singing The Producers really should have been god awful. But in fact it was pretty darn good. And it's good I was there though I didn't schmooze as much as I probably should have.
No comments:
Post a Comment