The evening started out with a visit to the Vegetarian Food Fair. Which was very crunchy granola but good fun. Though my friend and I were repeatedly asked if we were vegetarian, which was just weird. I mean, does it matter? Clearly we are at a vegetarian food fair so we must be at least interested...the soy milk women was very aggressive about it when I said I was she said "so you don't eat fish". And I'm thinking, seriously lady I don't need a lecture from you about the difference between vegetarian and pescitarian (not spelling that right, but you know, people who eat fish). Giving vegetarians a bad name!
Anyway, we still ate good food and I bought quinoa so all was well. Yes, I carried quinoa to the concert thus officially making me an old woman! It's true. But I needed quinoa, so this was the choice I had to make. My Loblaws doesn't seem to sell it, or at least I can't find it there and when I asked last time the 12 year old helping me had never heard of it. For this reason I miss Trader Joe's where the aisles were full of quinoa!! And tofu. And cheap wine. Sigh.
Psst! They do have quinoa but it's in the organic section and they only have one brand. You're better off going to the health food store on St. Clair.
ReplyDeletee
There's a health food store on St Clair? See I have to get out more...
ReplyDelete