Four days off is really the most civilized way to do things. While I could happily have another day off, I do actually feel mentally prepared to return to work. I think I needed the break more than I might have thought.
The weekend started with a perfect girlie getaway mini-break, which included my first return trip to America for some cross border shopping (and a fortunately distracted Canadian Customs Officer who did not inquire very closely as to our purchases). A wee spot of gambling on our overnight in Niagara (sadly unsuccessfully on my part) and then winery visits on our way back to the city. Favourites are still Thirty Bench and Tawes - and would love to go back and buy a bottle of the Tawes Meritage when I have a more available $60 to spend. It was really, really good. Most economical buy was a lovely Pinot Gris from Henry of Pelham. They are bigger so they can afford to have wine at a better price point than the others - I actually wish I'd bought two of it.
The rest of the weekend, I finished painting the cabinet. In total it took four coats of red and two of white but finally, finally it is finished. Well almost. I have to do some touchups this week as I had some tape removal issues. Which was a tad annoying but such is life. Better that than getting paint on the new floors in the apartment. Also, putting the handles back on was a bugger! They are old and so they actually come apart in three bits, not just one which I had assumed would be the case. Anyway, it makes them fiddly and a couple are still rather lose, but I gave up to tackle them again another night.
And here it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment