Thursday, September 2, 2010

Deep Fried Mac 'n Cheese!

I played hooky for the afternoon and went to the CNE with my bro. Now I only ever go to the CNE when I can go for free (thank you Ms H!!) so it tends to be years between visits.
Today was good - not very crowded and we found everything we wanted. That for me included deep fried mac and cheese. And no, I did not try the deep fried butter - I draw a line people!!
The balls of mac and cheese were...disappointing. I had mac and cheese sticks in DC and they were delish. These balls had pretty tough skins and the inside noodles were piping hot. I mean, it was a suitably CNE thing to eat but no need to rush out and try it.
We visited the animals. Sadly the cutest were the beef cows which soon enough you people are going to be eating. Then went hit the international pavilion which is always a good place to spend some cash. I mostly bought British cookies. Oh and this cute Finnish gnome. He's very cute.

Tomorrow is a day off (yay!!) and even better, a road trip with the girls to Target!!! Hopefully the rain will pass and we'll have beautiful weather for a couple of days. Road trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment