So I've been in this apartment for three weeks now and I am still very much in a state of flux. I realize that part of my issue is that I'm missing key pieces of furniture (a dresser for instance) in which to unpack but there is also more to it. I have a lot of stuff - even after getting rid of so much a year ago and fitting the rest into a 5x10 space. And I have a lot of stuff I don't need. Stuff I haven't thought about for a year and that I lived quite happily without. So I feel the need to continue the purge. A friend called it "right sizing" which apparently is very trendy at the moment.
I am making myself open each box, just in case there is something vital or precious in there, but it is amazing the amount of junk I accumulated and felt was worthy of keeping during the Great Purge of 2009. Too. Much. Stuff.
(of course I fully intend to buy things at Target this weekend, but that's new stuff so it's different...)
No comments:
Post a Comment