Monday, August 2, 2010

I waved at America this weekend. It's easy to forget how physically close we are to them when looking over Lake Ontario, but just a bit further east, the water shrinks and there they are. Just out of reach.
I picked up the keys to my new place today. It's still so cute! Everything looks smaller now it's empty so it's fortunate that I have little furniture left! I am slightly concerned about the queen box spring getting up the stairs and the fake art deco cabinet thing I have - which is very solid wood. We'll see. I've already picked out a few things from Ikea (oops) which I think will fit perfectly...It will have been 11 1/2 months since I've slept in my own bed. In that time I've slept in 10 other beds (get your minds out of the gutter people!) and had many adventures (again, out of the gutter!!) and I hope there are more to come. But I can't wait to have a little corner of the world to call my own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment