The move was the least stressful I have ever experienced. It took less than 2 1/2 hours to get out of storage and into my third floor apartment with tiny, tiny stairs. The boxspring had to come up over the balcony as it would not fit any other way. But that they did effortlessly. Everything else - even the cabinet thingy - was not even a slight challenge for them. I probably tipped way too much but they were so freakin' good and friendly. I had budgeted it to take 4 hours! Anyway, it was just great. Of course I basically have no furniture so that makes it easier. I also have boxes of things that I just don't understand why I kept. And then there are other things - bathmat, kitchen garbage can - that I would have sworn I kept, but clearly didn't. So that's all just strange. Oh Target, why are you so far away??
So I see trips to Goodwill to get rid of things I paid to store, and Ikea to replenish, in my near future.
Saturday evening involved numerous Bourbon Sours, Hurricanes, Cajun food and psychic readings. But I almost fell asleep at the table. Soooo tired. The future looks bright FYI.
And you know what? I have the most comfortable bed ever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment