Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last night through a series of TTC mishaps I ended up walking home after a lovely dinner with friends. I walked from the west so I got to see the slightly less gentrified end of St Clair. What's neat about this neighbourhood is how alive it is. All along the street, people were sitting in cafes and bars and ice cream places - I know it was a warm Friday night in mid Summer and likely it will be less vibrant in February - but it reconfirmed to me how right this choice was. People were bumping in to neighbours, saying hello from their front porches...

Today I get to relive a bit of my past while I help coordinate the wedding of a friend at one of the old Mirv theatres. Just like old times. I'm going to insist o a walkie-talkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment