Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New home and roller derby!

Roller Derby is awesome.
First roller derby experience this past weekend - bachelorette party, arriving at a former airplane hanger in North York in stretch limos. This seemed somehow appropriate in an ironic way. Sure beats taking the TTC! And I had no idea that my friend the bachelorette had been a competitive roller skater growing up. My new quest is to convince her to be a Jammer on one of our teams. It's destiny!!!

I still wish I'd made it to a game in DC since in the States they have actual grown up facilities, though I kinda liked the underground feel of a rink created out of red spike tape in a circle on concrete. Well you all know that I could go punk at any time and if I had any stitch of coordination I'd be skating with the best of them. Ripped fishnets and all.

And after what felt like a really long time, I have finally found an apartment. It is super cute, with a lot of character and is actually a place I think I'll feel truly at home for the first time in ages. Of course the movers are going to hate me since it's up two flights of quite narrow stairs...oops...the current tenants have a bed up there, so it must be possible!

2 comments:

  1. New apt?!?! Congrats! Where???
    Apparently there is roller derby in Kingston - you could still move here... We'd rent you our home for a year! LOL

    ReplyDelete