Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First days are strange. This one was fine as far as they go, we'll see.

The most exciting thing that happened today though was that I accidently saw the Queen. And she made me late for work. Now, I'm the boss so I wasn't all that worried about being late and quickly gave myself permission to be in order greet her Majesty at the Royal York Hotel. Much fun. I had been kicking myself since I was away on the weekend and missed her at the church. So if nothing else, starting the new job meant that I was up and walking past the Royal York at just the right time, so that's got to be a good thing.

Here she is. Moments after this was taken, she waved, but Mr. RCMP man stepped into my picture so you get the pre-wave shot. Another reason to dislike the RCMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment