It never even occurred to me not to get up for this. Of course it will be re-shown once or twice but that's just not the same. I've gotten up for every other Royal event my whole life and will likely continue to do so.
I do think it would be quite good to be either a member of a European Royal Family or a minor British Royal. You still get to wear nice frocks but without all the hassle. Perhaps for Denmark? They are very casual about their Royals...
First thing I saw this morning was the most amazing hat - turquoise blue in the shape of a rhino horn. Quite something! Not sure the person wearing it really had what it takes to pull something like that off, but well, good on her for trying.
The Queen is looking pretty darn good for 85. And I like the yellow!! Though she does somewhat match the Archbishop....it must be odd to have trumpets announce you everywhere you go.
OH! and first glimpses of Kate...Lovely! The dress is very much what I thought it might be - lots of lace and form fitting. Though she needs to practice her wave - she's a bit fast!
I wonder how many cars the Royal Family has?
The bridesmaids are super cute of course. Similar dresses to the ones from Charles and Di's wedding, but I suppose there isn't a lot of flexibility in appropriate dresses for little girls in such a ceremony.
London looks so beautiful and festive this morning. The flags lining the streets, the trees in the Abbey. Even with grey skies it is breathtakingly beautiful.
It's interesting that her sister is also in white. Beautiful Kate! Beautiful dress..lovely.
And now she is in the church, I will leave you for the time being...
No comments:
Post a Comment