Thursday, April 21, 2011

The nice thing about living in the suburbs (now my Toronto friends will say that St Clair is not the suburbs, but it feels like it many days) on a quiet, deadend street is that there are birds.

This week alone I've seen a big fat robin hopping along the ground - is it our robins or the British ones that hop? - anyway it was on the grass, not at all disturbed by the war zone of children's toys left by my neighbours' children - and a very large blue jay. Maybe they stood out being so colourful in what is still a very dark and grey "spring", but anyway it was a treat for me in this city to see them.

There is also another bird of some sort that I hear every morning that sounds something like a car alarm going off. I've not been able to identify this bird, but I have determined that it is in fact a bird and not a car alarm - but it's that loud and consistent in its song. Wakes me up for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment