Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Full Body Scan

It was bound to happen at some point. Though I thought it more likely to be on my recent trips to New York City or Boston - big American cities with reason and interest in high security. But no, it was in Ottawa.

I know Ottawa is the Nation's Capital and all that but seriously, it's like a toy airport. Anyway, it was in Ottawa when returning to Toronto where first there was the hand scan for trace of explosives (this would potentially be a problem for my prop maker friends) and then being funneled into the body scan line. I was offered the full pat down but frankly that seems way more invasive to me than standing in a circular booth and having them take a digital picture of me. If someone really gets their jollies from that well, more power to them! Plus I'm not in as good shape as I was in 15 years ago or so when maybe there would have been something more interesting to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment