These awards are given by your peers and are sort of general achievement awards for members of the Toronto theatre community and reflect on your overall career rather than for any one thing. Typically I'm very skeptical of them since friends tend to give them to their friends but I suppose that doesn't mean those people aren't worthy. In fact, many very worthy people have won them.
One neat thing about them is that the award itself is always handmade and designed by a local artist. Mine is a tiara! (this was in keeping with the Royal Wedding theme...)
Anyway, my friend Katherine "Harolded" me. We met when we were both at Canadian Stage during a tumultuous time in that company's history. She said some very lovely things and I was really touched. More than I would have thought I would be under the circumstances.
As an arts administrator, we tend to just get the job done, you know? But it is nice to have a tiara to show for it...
No comments:
Post a Comment