Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Not helping

The fact that the default position for Torontonians is "rude" does not help me adjust to being back from DC. DC where the default position is "polite". It's a southern city! This extends to people holding open doors and giving up seats but also includes just not being all over the sidewalk, blocking it entirely for everyone else. I have to get my big city groove back I guess - but boy, I'm finding it hard.

1 comment:

  1. I have successfully reached the 8th month of my pregnancy without being offered a seat on public transit once. That doesn't bother me so much, but when grown men push and elbow me to get to an empty seat...well...I get a little pissed. The weirdest part? That NEVER happened before I was pregnant and now it happens every few days. You stay classy, Toronto.

    ReplyDelete