Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waiting for Ikea

I wonder if waiting for Ikea will prove to be something like Waiting for Godot. Especially today with all the snow and my street being a dead end which I doubt ever gets plowed. All I need is Ikea having a lame excuse for not being able to deliver.
As of yesterday at 4:30 I did not have a confirmed delivery "window", so I called them. I was told between 9am and 1pm. Good enough. 30 minutes later I got a phone call from the transport company telling me it was actually 12noon to 4pm. So which is it? I asked. She assured me that it was the new timeslot and Ikea had just told me the "default" time. So of course I'm basically here all day waiting since I don't know who to believe. And with the snow, likely they'll get to the end of the street and not bother.
So much for trying to get settled and buying furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment