From scratch.
This is the first time I have attempted such a thing -ever - which is why it is worthy of a post after many weeks of idle blog activity.
It is sweet potato soup - sort of a puree really as it isn't especially soup-y - and while I suspect that it is not quite the appropriate colour, being a tad on the brown side with an orange tinge, it is quite tasty. I mean I could almost serve this to other humans I think.
This soup required the purchase of an hand blender which I got yesterday on a very frustrating excursion to The Bay. I swear the service in there gets worse and worse. Even though I believe they are now owned by Americans, which I would have thought would have solved that. However, since everything is always on sale on the weekends at The Bay, sometimes it is worth the desperate aggravation.
I'm not sure why I didn't own one of these things before now - they are awesome. Mine came with a chopper attachment so I zipped the onions in about 30 seconds. Feels a bit like cheating really. I'm clearly not an expert at this yet as there are a few solid bits in the soup but that's okay, this was a test run.
Will I do this often? Probably not as I know myself and it is time consuming. But for a -20C day like today, it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
If someone could now just come over with some crusty bread, that would be perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment