9/11 changed the way we live. But as much as the security and travel challenges are now commonplace, I am just grateful events like those don't happen more often and how lucky we are for that. How in general, in the West, in the "first world", we are removed from mass violence, war and terrorism. The horror of 10 years ago cannot be changed and we all have been changed and scarred by those events, but while we remember and reflect we should also find some room to be thankful. May we never see the likes of them again in our lifetime.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
10 years on
I feel today very similarly to how I feel every year during the Toronto Air Show. When the fighter jets practicing for people's entertainment buzz low over my midtown neighbourhood, I'm always reminded to be thankful that we live, in general, in a peaceful country, because in many places around the world that one plane and the body shaking sound that comes with it would be hundreds of planes, and they wouldn't be there so a crowd could oooh and aaaaah at their power.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment